What is that one thing that inspires you to create? You know…that one thing that gets you out of bed in the morning and gives you, well… something to look forward to and keeps you inspired?
I wanted to share with you my top 5 inspirational favorites that keep me going and get me out of bed in the morning. Because lets face it, some day’s I need all the help I can get!
1. Light. This is HUGE for me! We have very large windows in our home facing South, so I love opening the curtains every morning and watching the sunrise while drinking my coffee and talking with my kids.
2. My children. For me this is a no brainier. Having 4 minds constantly asking questions and throwing ideas my way everyday, how can I not say my children inspire me?
3. Decorating. I do love decorating and shopping for the current holiday season. I don’t go overboard (at least I don’t think so) but I like finding new things cute and small.
4. Hobby Lobby. Yeah…that’s right, a big box store! When we moved to Eau Claire in 2000 I was extremely disappointed to know the closest Hobby Lobby was almost 2 hours away in Onalaska. Albuquerque had 5 stores I could pop into anytime, so you can image my depression when moving up North and my favorite store was NO where to be found! I had no problem loading up Mallory in the family van and enjoying the countryside views just to shop in a Hobby Lobby! Today I count my lucky stars there’s a store in Woodbury, MN and find myself there almost once a week. I just love wandering their aisles looking at everything pretty and eye catching. But my favorite is reading those inspirational signs that can be found in almost every aisle! You gotta go!
5. Long drives. I’ve traveled enough to know I do my best thinking in the car listening to music, driving country roads and finding random antique shops or unique cafes to visit. A change of scenery is ALWAYS a good idea!
I hope with these warm temps and the sun waking up earlier you feel some new inspiration for you to create something awesome for yourself!
Thanks for stopping by!
If it were up to Hallmark, Valentine’s Day would be a month-long celebration of romance, adoration, and gushy, mushy love love love. I don’t have a problem with it. I LOVE love. And I want to take this opportunity to cyber-shout from the mountaintops that my husband and kids are the absolute cherry on my sundae! Sauce on my spaghetti! The jiggle in my Jello! The chocolate chips in my cookies! The apple in my pie! (I think you get it!) I can’t begin to explain how simply impossible my life would be without them. They have loved me at my brutal worst and pushed me to be so much more than I ever thought I could. So here’s to them and thank you for loving me so much!
Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Valentines Day to you!
The real question is not where ideas come from but where do they go. ~Paul Beatty
January is such a blah month for me but I gotta tell ya, the snow fall we had Monday evening was absolutely beautiful! Let’s be real here…Mother Nature knows whats she’s doin’! I loved how the snow was so heavy and layered the branches of the trees, bushes and shrubs. When Mother Nature creates this beautiful Winter Wonderland, we (my kids and I) affectionately call our small town of Eau Claire, Narnia. Cheesy I know…but HEY… I grew up performing on stage as a child so I’m pretty imaginative and dramatic! Just roll with it!
The snow gave me such renewed inspiration that I texted one of my clients and asked her to come and play. No need for fancy make-up, hair, or clothing! Just show up and BE YOU! She was right on top of that and the above pictures is what I captured in 20 minutes of play. And just like that…my creative juices are starting to stir. My January slumber is almost over. I’m getting excited to greet 2018!
What are you working on that’s bring inspiration to your life?
Until next time.
It’s no secret my daughters are my muses. I picked up my camera when Mallory was almost 2 years old (2001) and have been perfecting my craft ever since. I have loved being a part of my children’s life journey and having treasured photographic memories to look back on. The recent snow fall gave me another excuse to get out and capture my beautiful sixteen year-old and of course practice my craft…at least that’s what I told her. Shhhhh…
Thanks for stopping by!
Spring has come and I’m loving the beautiful blooms around the Eau Claire area. This past weekend for Mother’s Day as my gift to myself I asked the kids for a photo of all of them together. Since it was Mother’s Day no one complained. Total score on my part.
Every day I look out my kitchen window and see this abandoned swing set. Every spring I wait for the crab-apple tree to bloom and shortly after the lilac bushes follow. I throw the windows open to make sure the house can breathe it all the sweet smells. We will be tearing down this swing set in a few weeks to make way for new landscaping. This swing set, worn over time and showing it’s age, is a reminder of how fast their childhood has gone. There was a time when I remember watching the girls push the boys on the swings, blankets covering the platform to make a fort, and lots of games of chase. Just one more time I wanted to see them playing, laughing, and enjoying each other in this corner of our yard before this memory will be folded and placed in a corner of my mind.